Security, Privacy and Data Protection
Security, Privacy and Data Protection
- IntelLinx partners with a world class cloud provider Rackspace © for all our hosting services, giving us 24x7x365 uptime and monitoring with around the clock IT staffing.
- Rackspace offers 9 hosting locations worldwide including 110,000 cloud computing customers.
- Your data is not sitting on a single server; the advanced architecture powering our software uses groups of high-performance network attached storage devices to reliably serve every request. Inside each storage device, drives are mirrored to each other in a RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) configuration to create a first level of redundancy and as a final precautionary measure, all data on the system is automatically backed up on a repeating schedule.
- Rackspace backs up every four hours, which totals six daily backups. Those backups are then rolled into a nightly backup, which are retained for two days.
- IntelLinx performs a secondary database backup every four (4) hours replicating the data to our own secondary data center. All secondary backups are retained for a minimum of 12 months.
- Each new Association we receives a dedicated 256-bit, SSL certificate with 99.9% browser recognition.
- All connections to our software is secured using SSL encryption.
- IntelLinx does NOT retain any customer credit card information.
- We use PCI compliant payment gateways to safeguard all customer information.
- Keycard protocols, biometric scanning protocols and round-the-clock interior and exterior surveillance monitor access to our data centers.
- Only authorized data center personnel are granted access credentials to the data centers. No one else can enter the production area of the datacenter without prior clearance and an appropriate escort.
- Every data center employee undergoes multiple and thorough background security checks before they are hired.
- Every data center’s HVAC (Heating Ventilation Air Conditioning) system is N+1 redundant. This ensures that a duplicate system immediately comes online should there be an HVAC system failure
- Every 90 seconds, all the air in the data centers are circulated and filtered to remove dust and contaminants
- The advanced fire suppression systems are designed to stop fires from spreading in the unlikely event one should occur
- Should a total utility power outage ever occur, all of our data centers’ power systems are designed to run uninterrupted, with every server receiving conditioned UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) power.
- The UPS power subsystem is N+1 redundant, with instantaneous failover if the primary UPS fails.
- If an extended utility power outage occurs, our routinely tested, on-site diesel generators can run indefinitely.
Core Routing Equipment
- Only fully redundant, enterprise-class routing equipment is used in the data centers.
- Fiber carriers enter the data centers at disparate points to guard against service failure.
- Our provider requires that the networking and security teams working in their data centers be certified. They also require that they be thoroughly experienced in managing and monitoring enterprise level networks.
- The Certified Network Technicians are trained to the highest industry standards.
End User Acceptable Use Policy (“EUAUP”) for InTouchOnDemand (“ITOD”)
The IntelLinx, Inc. End User Acceptable Use Policy (“EUAUP”); found at http://www.InTouchOnDemand.com/legal/euaup.html, is intended to help enhance the use of InTouchOnDemand (“ITOD”); services by preventing unacceptable use.
All users of ITOD, Members, Non-Members and Accounts are required to consult and comply with the EUAUP.
In accordance with our Terms of Service, we may remove any materials that, in our sole discretion, may be illegal, may subject us to liability, or which may violate this EUAUP. Your violation of this EUAUP may result in the suspension or termination of your account.
By its nature, the Internet is designed to permit the expression of a wide variety of commercial and non-commercial messages, as well as purchase and use products, services, and other items. However, the Internet is not owned or controlled by any one entity. InteLinx cannot, and does not, monitor or control any Content, including its customer’s Content. Use of the Internet, as a provider of Content, or as a user of it, requires a high level of individual judgment. By accessing the Internet, you assume the risk that Content available through IntelLinx services may be inaccurate, offensive, illegal or otherwise unsuitable to your individual tastes, and/or needs. IntelLinx cannot, and will not, accept responsibility for injury that results from this Content, even if that Content may be legally actionable.
You may not use ITOD services to engage in, foster, or promote illegal, abusive, or irresponsible behavior, including:
- Unauthorized access to or use of data or systems without express authorization of the owner of the system or network;
- Any use of customer’s account, or service will be considered use by the individual or entity set out in record as the owner, or principal contact.
- Interference with service to any user of the IntelLinx service or any IntelLinx networks including, without limitation, mail bombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks;
- Use of an IntelLinx account or computer without the owner’s authorization;
- Collecting or using email addresses, screen names or other identifiers without the consent of the person identified (including, without limitation, phishing, Internet scamming, password robbery, spidering, and harvesting);
- Collecting or using information without the consent of the owner of the information;
- Use of any false, misleading, or deceptive TCP-IP packet header information in an email or posting;
- Use of the service for distribution of unauthorized advertisement delivery unless the user affirmatively consents to such.
- Any conduct that is likely to result in retaliation against the IntelLinx network or website, or services, employees, officers or other agents, including engaging in behavior that results in any server being the target of a denial of service attack (DoS).
- You may not attempt to probe, scan, penetrate or test the vulnerability of any IntelLinx system or network or to breach the ITOD security or authentication measures, whether by passive or intrusive techniques, without IntelLinx express written consent.
You may not publish, transmit or store on or via ITOD any content or links to any content that IntelLinx reasonably believes:
3. Offensive Content.
You must not use the IntelLinx service for any bulk or commercial e-mail. Your intended recipients must have given their consent to receive e-mail via some affirmative means.
- Constitutes, depicts, fosters, promotes or relates in any manner to child pornography, bestiality, or non-consensual sex acts;
- is excessively violent, incites violence, threatens violence or contains harassing content or hate speech;
- is unfair or deceptive under the consumer protection laws of any jurisdiction, including chain letters and pyramid schemes;
- is defamatory or violates a person’s privacy;
- creates a risk to a person’s safety or health, creates a risk to public safety or health,
- compromises national security or interferes with a investigation by law enforcement;
- improperly exposes trade secrets or other confidential or proprietary information of another person;
- is intended to assist others in defeating technical copyright protections;
- infringes on another person’s copyright, trade or service mark, patent or other property right;
- promotes illegal drugs, violates export control laws, relates to illegal gambling or illegal arms trafficking;
- is otherwise illegal or solicits conduct that is illegal under laws applicable to you or to IntelLinx or is otherwise malicious, fraudulent or may result in retaliation against IntelLinx by offended viewers.
- Content “published or transmitted” via the IntelLinx service network or equipment includes Web content, email.
- You agree that we may quarantine or delete any data stored if the data is infected with a virus, or is otherwise corrupted, and has the potential to infect or corrupt the system or other customers’ data that is stored on the same system
4. Password Protection.
(a) Users are responsible for protecting their password and for any authorized or unauthorized use made of their password. Users will not use or permit anyone to use IntelLinx to guess passwords. If a user suspects that their password is known to another person, or security has been breached then they shall contact their Bar Association Administrator and change their password immediately.
(b) Users will not use or permit anyone to use any IntelLinx Service to guess passwords. If a user suspects that their password is known to another person or their security has been breached then they shall contact their Bar Association Administrator and change their password immediately.
5. Copyrighted Material.
You may not use IntelLinx to publish, distribute, or otherwise copy or use in any manner any text, music, software, art, image or other work protected by copyright law unless:
- you have been expressly authorized by the owner of the copyright for the work to copy the work in that manner; or
- you are otherwise permitted by established copyright law to copy the work in that manner.
It is IntelLinx policy to terminate inappropriate circumstances the services of customers who are repeat infringers.
6. Reporting Violations of this EUAUP.
IntelLinx requests that anyone, Members, Non Members of the Bar Association who believes that there is a violation of this EUAUP direct the information to abuse@InteLinx.com
Changes to this Policy:
Please note that this policy may change from time to time. This EUAUP may be edited at the sole discretion of IntelLinx, Inc. to conform to laws, regulations and best business practices. All users of ITOD, Members, Non-Members, and Accounts are required to consult and comply with the EUAUP
We expect most such changes will be minor. Regardless, we will post any policy changes on this page. If the changes are significant, IntelLinx, Inc. will request your Bar Association provide a more prominent notice (including, for certain services, email notification of policy changes).